Am I the only one that feels like avilife isn't gonna drop I was hoping we would get more this year but I just feel like avilife will not be coming out please let me know what you guys think

Straight from the AviLife developer, Luke Brink...

"I know people are desperately waiting for new info and for the game to release but we're not about to push out an unfinished game with half of it's features missing and no content.

Even though we still have a kickstarter to get through we're currently working on 5 different public spaces, 3 different mini games with tons of rewards and a bunch of personal spaces as well as the core features.

For those wondering why we haven't launched a kickstarter yet, we have all seen what happens when kickstarters get launched without enough cool content to show.. We want the kickstarter to be a major success and for that to happen we need to show all the cool content - social features, minigames, rewards, spaces, etc.

Yes, it will take time and there may be delays but it's going to be worth the wait.

As the legendary Shigeru Miyamoto put it - A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Based on that, I would speculate a 2020 launch...probably 4th quarter. You have to understand development takes time. Creating an ample supply of content takes time, as well. Then you got alpha & beta testing, sending the game off to Sony and Microsoft for QA which takes time cuz if they find any bugs, they will send it back to the developers to fix...and assuming there are no delays (which there probably will be) then you have to submit to Sony and Microsoft for an official publish date to be released in the store for download. That's not even counting the kickstarter for adequate funding, that still has to be done. So yeah, Luke is 100% correct in taking the time needed for a quality product as opposed to rushing something out, full of bugs with limited content, just to satisfy public demand. This is not a reason to lose faith or interest in the game or developers. AviLife WILL come....when it's ready!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SoulBladeNG said:

No idea what i did lol But thank you Shadow-Runner for letting us know a 2020 launch 

That was just me speculating, a guess. Not an actual launch timeframe. 

Something to keep in mind is this is an incredibly small team working on this game. With that being said, they have done incredible work so far based on what I have seen from the previews. I certainly feel this game will release, however if you are expecting it to be sometime soon, you will drive yourself crazy 😅. I personally would much rather them take their time and release something we will all enjoy rather than rushing it and missing the mark on what we are all hoping this game will be.

• Love 1

19 hours ago, SoulBladeNG said:

No idea what i did lol But thank you Shadow-Runner for letting us know a 2020 launch 

Oh but thank you  for informing us on the rest you said.

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, as it stands AviLife is still set for a 2019 release. Brink has teased a gameplay video soon and releasing WIPs more now so things are back on track after a personal issue. Stay updated with us for the announcement of the Kickstarter and remember that any other information is an educated guess. 

Thank you. 

• Love 1

I think it taking longer to come out is a good thing, I look at the mistakes similar virtual worlds made by coming out too early and the little progress they have made over time.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:59 PM, Sarikins said:

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, as it stands AviLife is still set for a 2019 release. Brink has teased a gameplay video soon and releasing WIPs more now so things are back on track after a personal issue. Stay updated with us for the announcement of the Kickstarter and remember that any other information is an educated guess. 

Thank you. 

Personal issue ? That does not instill any faith .Must be professional at all times to run a business 

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, EliJane said:

Personal issue ? That does not instill any faith .Must be professional at all times to run a business 

Hi EliJane, unfortunately for you and me even business owners and game developers have personal lives of their own and sometimes beyond control things can happen. I would advise that unless you can be supportive you can quietly understand that before Brink is a business owner/developer, he is a human. 

Thank you.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2019 at 4:39 AM, Sarikins said:

Hi EliJane, unfortunately for you and me even business owners and game developers have personal lives of their own and sometimes beyond control things can happen. I would advise that unless you can be supportive you can quietly understand that before Brink is a business owner/developer, he is a human. 

Thank you.

I am a business owner and when i close for the day it stays closed..I'm sorry to hear of Brinks situation but i still stand by what i say ..Positive reports instill positive support ..Negative reports increase negative support ..Basic business standards ..I sincerely hope Avilife is a great success and i continue supporting it and promoting it as a future replacement for PSHome 

2019 2020 well I can not wait to start but I'm with who is working and I bring patience in the hope is done a really nice thing after home beta of PS3, other I can not do unfortunately.