Sign in to follow this  
Drew

AviLife WIP Discussion

I'm really liking the details on the avatars and the environments so far.   Keep up the fantastic work.  

Just one question, will the graphics be different on all platforms, or will they all be the same? 

3 hours ago, Soulycon said:

I'm really liking the details on the avatars and the environments so far.   Keep up the fantastic work.  

Just one question, will the graphics be different on all platforms, or will they all be the same? 

Well I imagine they'd be the same, up to the extent of your graphical capacity. The graphics of different consoles varies. PS4, looks similar but not the same to Xbox One, and both look nothing like PC. It truly is per console/pc capacity. Of course if you have a old computer with a barely getting by graphics card, the game will not only lag, but not look great. Whereas if you have a good graphics card, or great one, you'll see it just as it appears in the video.

In general though the graphics will look roughly the same across all platforms.

28 minutes ago, Frost said:

Console parity. 

What is console parity? It is purposely underutilizing the available technology and power in a superior console so that a game looks and plays the same on inferior competing consoles. This practice is usually frowned upon by gamers who are in favor of developers utilizing the full power of a particular console, as opposed to one console setting the standard for all others. We see this a lot in the industry, especially with AAA titles and multiplats in an effort to keep the general experience evenly balanced between all available platforms. This is a choice the developers make in the studio, not necessarily one limited to hardware specs.

20 minutes ago, Maddie_Muffins said:

Console parity. 

What is console parity? It is purposely underutilizing the available technology and power in a superior console so that a game looks and plays the same on inferior competing consoles. This practice is usually frowned upon by gamers who are in favor of developers utilizing the full power of a particular console, as opposed to one console setting the standard for all others. We see this a lot in the industry, especially with AAA titles and multiplats in an effort to keep the general experience evenly balanced between all available platforms. This is a choice the developers make in the studio, not necessarily one limited to hardware specs.

We will not be subjecting the community to Console Parity. The graphics will be based on hardware specs.

After some thought, I've concluded that these avatars look a lot like GTA Online avatars...at the core. Not a bad thing. I Love GTA. I just keep picturing them in tactical armor and assault rifles. LOLZ

5 hours ago, Maddie_Muffins said:

After some thought, I've concluded that these avatars look a lot like GTA Online avatars...at the core. Not a bad thing. I Love GTA. I just keep picturing them in tactical armor and assault rifles. LOLZ

Lol.

The avatars here look better than on GTA I say ,on that game the female avatar looks more like a dude 😂

• Like 1

Yeah i agree with Steve in that they def look way better on here then GTA . Lol

Just to give a reminder, and information to the starting post.

Our WIP is now divided in two. One side debuts our actual images, and this thread allows you to talk about the images in that other post.
To see the images visit the link in the initial post. Here you can only talk about them.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:21 PM, Steve said:

The avatars here look better than on GTA I say ,on that game the female avatar looks more like a dude 😂

On GTA5 i tried all of my Avatar build experience to make my Avatar look good but failed /lol

I really like that apparently we can jump ?! Thats really cool :classic_biggrin:, and also the walk/run animations are realistic !!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hyoga said:

I really like that apparently we can jump ?! Thats really cool :classic_biggrin:, and also the walk/run animations are realistic !!

Glad you think so :D, and yes you can jump !

On 7/28/2018 at 12:21 PM, Steve said:

Lol i tried everything on GTA to improve my Avatar but to no avail .

• Like 1

yeah the jump is an awesome feature for a social world. As long as the barriers are in place in spaces,objects ,etc to prevent people jumping ,dancing etc on stuff that they shouldn't be 😛

• Like 1