Sign in to follow this  
RubyShines

Clothing

Posted (edited)

I hope that there is tons and tons of clothing variety option comes launch to wear for your avatar and not just looking the same like on AU and NR that is all.

Edited by Frost
Adjusted the title as it was extremely long.

2 hours ago, RubyShines said:

I hope that there is tons and tons of clothing variety option comes launch to wear for your avatar and not just looking the same like on AU and NR that is all.

I could speculate there would probably be a set of default clothing for both male and female genders. Maybe even a limited number of clothing items available in the stores, at launch. But tons and tons? Not likely. People need to remember: a lot of development resources at first, will be allocated to the core features of the game. Thing's like chat, avatar customization, wardrobe, mini games, public and personal spaces, environmental interactions and so on...will need to take priority first, before the stores are fully stocked with merchandise. Everything takes time. Even Atom and Nebula took time to get where they are now. You can't rush development. 

• Like 1

2female.png?width=1245&height=684

As shared in the discord, those will be the default tops for females, and similar for males, minus the Stars Bikini of course; but yes default items will be a thing, and those are them (as far as tops go at least). There will definitely be a plethora of clothing over time, of different styles. The whole premise is to allow players to express themselves (style wise) how they'd like to do so. Disallowing that would kind of defeat the purpose.

Having said that I do think that expecting a ton of clothing when this is launched is a bit unrealistic given that as @Maddie_Muffins stated other features will 100% take priority over clothing that will come likely at a later time, when we're able to focus on that more, and less on getting the actual world to a point where it is working in it's entirety. I'm unsure at what rate updates for clothing, and other content will occur, but you have to remember PS Home:
1. Started with very limited clothing in it's initial launch.

2. By the time most people joined that currently miss it and compare this to it, there were tons of developers releasing content on the off-times of other developers. It was like every week was a different 3rd party, in a pattern. We do not yet have that luxury, so the most near content will likely be all original things, till the other developers that will join, do so.

Posted (edited)

I agree with other things taking priority over clothing in the beginning of the social world. Sure avatars will look similar, but I would rather the dev team focus on bugs, the worlds, interactions, games ,etc . That way there is actually some stuff to do/see etc. 😛

I have no doubt that later down the road there will be plenty of clothing ,customization, and options available.

Edited by Drew
  • Like 2

I hope they will put like Home did at least 4 or 5 free haircuts for both male and female with short,medium,long hair at the lauch. Because in NR for example there is only 2 ugly haircuts for free :classic_unsure: . So if we have to wait some weeks/months for new hairstyles better we have something nice to start with 🙂 lol . About clothes, yes its normal to wait a little bit for more contents, in Home we waited 3 months i think it was March 2009 for new clothes after the lauch in December 2008 . 

• Like 3

On 8/1/2018 at 1:34 AM, Hyoga said:

I hope they will put like Home did at least 4 or 5 free haircuts for both male and female with short,medium,long hair at the lauch. Because in NR for example there is only 2 ugly haircuts for free :classic_unsure: . So if we have to wait some weeks/months for new hairstyles better we have something nice to start with 🙂 lol . About clothes, yes its normal to wait a little bit for more contents, in Home we waited 3 months i think it was March 2009 for new clothes after the lauch in December 2008 . 

I don't know if the developers have something like this planned, but I'm sure eventually they'll give mention on how they plan to handle this. The project is still way way way early in it's development, so we've got a ways to go! Lol.